Unless otherwise stated, the following words and phrases, where they appear in capitalised form in these Terms and Conditions, shall have the meanings stated below:
Accept - when a Sports Official accepts a Job which has been posted by an Event Organiser on the Job Board and the terms Acceptance and Accepted shall be construed accordingly
Administration Fee - Has the meaning given to it in paragraph 6 and 7
AllOfficials Platform or “Platform” - Website application operated by AllOfficials connecting Event Organisers and Sports Officials
Event - The sports event in respect of which an Official accepts a Job
Event Organisers - The User who is searching for Sports Officials and who posts Jobs to the AllOfficials Platform’s Job Board
Featured Jobs - These have the meaning given to them in paragraph 14, 15 and 16 Job - The Events which a Sports Official can accept
Job Board - The part of the AllOfficials Platform where Jobs are posted by the Event Organiser
Service(s) - the services to be provided under a Service Agreement and/or otherwise in connection with the fulfilment of a Job
Service Agreement - Has the meaning given to it in paragraph 11 and 12 Sports Officials - The User (sports officials and/or referees) who can accept Jobs that are posted to the Job Board
Urgent Jobs - These have the meaning given to them in paragraph 4 User(s) - Refers to Event Organisers and/or Sports Officials depending on the context
2. AllOfficials provides an online platform to connect Sports Officials of all types with
Event Organisers who are in need of their services. ‘Sports Official(s)’ and ‘Event Organiser(s)’ are hereinafter referred to as “Users.” 3. Other than as provided in paragraph 1 above AllOfficials does not perform any
services and does not employ individuals to perform services. AllOfficials does not supervise, direct or control the work of Sports Officials or the Jobs in any manner, and provides no warranties or guarantees in respect of the same, which the Event Organiser hereby acknowledges.
4. The AllOfficials Platform only enables connections between Users for the fulfilment of Jobs. AllOfficials is not responsible for the performance of Users, nor does it have control over the quality, timing, legality, failure to provide, or any other aspect whatsoever of Jobs, Sports Officials, clients, nor of the integrity, responsibility, qualifications or any of the actions or omissions whatsoever of any Users. AllOfficials makes no representations about the suitability, reliability, timeliness, or accuracy of the Jobs posted and services provided by Users identified through the AllOfficials Platform whether in public, private, or offline interactions.
1. The AllOfficials Platform provides Event Organisers with access to a Job Board where they can post Jobs. These can then be Accepted by Sports Officials. Sports Officials may search the Job Board using filters. Sports Officials will be presented with Featured Jobs and Urgent Jobs. Featured jobs are those for which Event Organisers have paid a premium in order that they are placed at a higher position on the Job Board. Urgent jobs are those which are to occur in the next week.
5. If You agree on the terms of a Job with another User, You and such other User form an agreement directly between the two of you (a “Service Agreement”).
2. Event Organisers are given the opportunity to set their own fee for each Job they request. AllOfficials does not set the fee for each Job (“Fee”). However, an administration fee equal to 15% of such Fee is payable to AllOfficials by the Event Organiser in consideration for that Event Organiser’s use of the AllOfficials Platform. The total cost of a Job to an Event Organiser is set out on the Platform before payment is made and a Job is posted.
6. Event Organisers are required to pay an administration fee in respect of all transactions made through the AllOfficials Platform (“Administration Fee”). The Administration Fee is subject to change by AllOfficials at its sole discretion from time to time on notice to Event Organisers. A minimum Administration Fee of £2.50 shall apply to each transaction.
7. We recommend that any Event Organiser, before entering into a Service Agreement with any Sports Official, obtain confirmation of insurance cover, guarantees, qualifications and any other necessary documentation. If You suffer any problems or losses as a result of not obtaining or verifying these details, AllOfficials will not be liable. All insurance matters are left to the Users. AllOfficials does not accept any responsibility for any insurance issues that may arise as a result of the Job.
8. We recommend that all Event Organisers, when posting a Job, provide an accurate description of the roles and responsibilities of the Sports Official in the Job Description section. This will help ensure that you hire a Sports Official that.
9. When interacting with other Users, You should exercise caution and common sense to protect Your personal safety and property, just as You would when interacting with other persons whom you don’t know. Neither AllOfficials nor its affiliates or licensors is responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the Platform and You hereby release AllOfficials and its affiliates or licensors from any liability related thereto. AllOfficials and its affiliates and licensors will not be liable for any claim, injury or damage arising in connection with Your use of the AllOfficials Platform.
11. Your interactions with organisations and/or individuals found on or through the Platform, including payment and delivery of goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings (“User Dealings”), are solely between You and such organisations and/or individuals.
12. You agree that AllOfficials shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such User Dealings.
14. Featured Jobs will be ordered on the Job board depending on which Event has the closest due date.
15. Featured Jobs will show to Sports Officials within a 50-mile radius of the venue of the Event.
17. Any amendments to a Job (except decreases in pay) can be made by an Event Organiser at any time prior to a Sports Official having Accepted such Job. An Event Organiser can remove a Job from the Job Board if it has not yet been Accepted and will receive a full refund for those Officials including the Administration Fee.
18.Once a Job has been posted on the AllOfficials Platform, Event Organisers may not make reductions to the pay they have set for that Job.
19. If a Sports Official has Accepted the Job, and there are less than four days to the date of the Job, no amendments to the Job can be made.
20. If a Sports Official has Accepted the Job and there are four days or more until the date of the Job, Event Organisers can, subject to paragraph , post any amendment to the Job. At this point, a notification of the amendment will be sent by email to the Sports Official who has Accepted the Job and the Sports Official can either Accept or reject the updated Job. If the changes are Accepted, the Job is updated on the Platform, if the amendment is rejected by the Sports Official, the Job will go back to the Job board. If no other Sports Official Accepts the amended job, a refund is paid to the Event Organiser, less the Administration Fee.
21. If there are four days or more to the date of the Job, the Event Organiser may amend the Job by reducing the number of Sports Officials required. If it does so, it will receive a refund in respect of those Sports Officials no longer required as well as the Administration Fee, provided that the Sports Official has not Accepted the Job. If the Sports Official has Accepted the Job, the Administration Fee will not be refunded.
23. If a Sports Official cancels a Job it has Accepted with 7 days or less to the event date, the AllOfficials Platform will automatically react in order to increase the chances of securing another Sports Official. Users agree to the AllOfficials Platform reacting in the following ways: The Platform will no longer consider the star rating of the Sports Officials who can apply to Accept the Job; and Notifications will go out to all local Sports Officials with adequate qualifications, within 50 miles of the venue of the Event, based on the registered address in the Sports Official’s account.
24. Cancellations of Accepted Jobs by Sports Officials will have a negative impact on their star rating although Sports Officials can cancel if there are 14 days or more to the event date without affecting their rating. The impact of a cancellation on a Sports Official’s star rating is calculated by taking into account the total number of completed Jobs and the total number of cancelled Jobs by a Sports Official. Therefore, Sports Officials with fewer completed Jobs and higher cancelled Jobs will see a larger negative impact on their star rating.
25. Sports Officials who cancel their Acceptance of a Job will not be permitted to Accept another Job which occurs on the same day as the cancelled Job.
27. If an Event Organiser cancels a Job with 4 days or more left to the Event, as set out in the original Job post, this will result in a refund being provided by AllOfficials in respect of those Sports Officials that have Accepted the Job, minus the Administration Fee. A full refund will be made for any cancelled Job where no Sports Officials have Accepted at the time of cancellation (provided always that there is more than 4 days left until the date of the Event).
28. Notwithstanding any other provisions of these Terms and Conditions, the Administration Fee in relation to a Sports Official will always be retained by AllOfficials for any Sports Officials who have Accepted a Job, regardless of the time of cancellation.
31. Event Organisers of the AllOfficials Platform will be required to provide their credit card or bank account details to the payment service provider (PSP). Payment and fees must be paid through the PSP as indicated on the AllOfficials Platform.
32. Sports Officials may be required to register with the PSP, agree to the Terms of Service of the PSP and go through a vetting process at the request of the PSP to set up their account with the PSP. AllOfficials has no obligations or liability to any User in respect of services provided by the PSP.
33. Event Organisers shall pay the Fee and the Administration Fee and for any Featured Jobs as provided for in these Terms and Conditions through the PSP as indicated on the AllOfficials Platform before posting a Job, at the rates presented upon completing the Job posting form.
34. Unless AllOfficials is informed that the Event did not take place and/or the Sports Official did not perform the services in the Service Agreement, four days after the Event has occurred, the PSP will automatically make payments: (i) owed to the Sports Official; and (ii) the Administration Fee owed to AllOfficials for the use of the Platform.
35. Users of the AllOfficials Platform will be liable for any taxes (including VAT, if applicable) required to be paid on the services provided by AllOfficials via the AllOfficials Platform.
36. All fees payable by Users under this Agreement shall be paid in full without any set-off, counterclaim, deduction or withholding (other than any deduction or withholding of tax as required by law).
39. The content on the AllOfficials Platform is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You should obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on the AllOfficials Platform.
41. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of this Agreement.
42. You understand that all postings, messages, text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, or other materials ("Third Party Content") posted on, transmitted through, or linked from AllOfficials via the Platform, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Third Party Content originated. You are entirely responsible for all content that You post, email or otherwise make available via the Platform. You shall ensure that such content is accurate (where it states facts). be genuinely held (where it states opinions). comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted, and not: (1) contain any material which is defamatory of any person, (2) contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; (3) promote sexually explicit material or violence; (4) promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or (5) infringe any rights (including copyright, database right or trade mark rights) of any other person; (6) be likely to deceive any person; (7) be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; (8) or promote any illegal activity; (9) be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; (10) be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; (11) be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; (12) give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or (13) advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
43.You understand that AllOfficials does not control, and is not responsible for any Third Party Content made available via the Platform. Furthermore, the AllOfficial Platform may contain links to other websites or resources, which are completely independent of AllOfficials. These links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. AllOfficials makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or authenticity of the information contained in any such linked website or resource.
44.Third Party Consent has not been verified or approved by AllOfficials. The views expressed by other users on the AllOfficials Platform do not represent our views or values. If you wish to complain about any Third Party Content please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. AllOfficials shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to remove or move any Third Party Content that is available on the AllOfficials Platform for violating the letter or spirit of this Agreement or for any other reason. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to the AllOfficials Platform constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
47. AllOfficials owns all the intellectual property rights relating to the AllOfficial Platform, including the designs, text, database, graphics and layouts, and any Feedback, and you agree not use or copy any part thereof without Our express permission.
48. The intellectual property rights comprising any Third Party Content are retained by their respective owners, and such Third Party Content is added to the AllOfficials Platform by Users at their own risk. In doing so you hereby grant to AllOfficials and to others the irrevocable, worldwide right to use, copy, modify, distribute, perform and display that Third Party Content in any form, media or technology
49. You confirm that you have the right to grant all of the rights set out in paragraph . If do not have the right, or are unsure of your right to grant these rights, do not submit Third Party Content to the AllOfficials Platform. You are responsible for any losses arising from or resulting from any claims that your provision of any Third Party Content to the AllOfficials Platform infringes a third party’s rights (including intellectual property rights) and You hereby indemnify, and shall keep indemnified, AllOfficials and its affiliates, and the officers, employees and agents of each (each an “Indemnified Party”) against any losses, claims, damages, costs, charges, expenses, liabilities, demands, proceedings, actions and/or fines that may be assessed against or incurred by an Indemnified Party arising out of, or in connection with the same.
50. If you are a rights holder in any content found on the AllOfficials Platform and you believe someone using the AllOfficials Platform has infringed a right that you hold, please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com. In your email, please identify your name and contact information, the identity of the protected work you believe to have been infringed, what rights you hold over such work, and the identity of the content you believe is infringing. Complaints that are incomplete may not be processed.
52. Users can only leave reviews within 2 weeks of completion of a Job (“Two Week Window”), after which Users can no longer leave a review. If both parties leave a review, these reviews will become visible on the Platform, but only once the second party leaves its review. If only one party leaves a review, this will appear after the end of the Two Week Window.
53. Users may notify Us if they believe a review to be unfair, providing all the relevant information. AllOfficials reserves the right to remove reviews that it deems, in its sole discretion, to be unfair. AllOfficials reserves the right to make the final decision on these matters.
54. AllOfficials is not responsible for the content of the reviews that Users post, or any harm done by such content. The User who posts the review is directly responsible for its content, and the accuracy and legality thereof.
55. All Users understand that the use of any profanity, libellous behaviour, illegal activity, or any other form of abuse of the review process or any other part of the AllOfficials Platform may result in the person responsible being banned from further use and reported to any relevant authorities, if applicable.
56. AllOfficials performs a number of checks on the reviews posted on the AllOfficials Platform with an aim to ensure that feedback is authentic, and will remove any reviews that in its sole discretion appear to be fake, but makes no representative or warranty as to the accuracy or authenticity of any reviews. AllOfficials may, in its sole discretion, also remove reviews at the request of the author.
58. While we use reasonable efforts to keep the AllOfficials Platform accessible, complete and error-free, errors, omissions, interruptions of service and delays may occur at any time as a result of circumstances. We make no guarantee that the AllOfficials Platform (including your access to it will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free. We may have to suspend your access to the AllOfficials Platform: (a) if you falsify information or commit fraud with respect to your account or otherwise breach this Agreement; (b) to deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes; or (c) to update our products to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements.
59. We will contact You in advance to tell you we will be suspending access to the AllOfficials Platform, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency or a result of any actual or suspected fraud or breach of this Agreement by you.
61. You agree that AllOfficials shall not be liable to You or any third-party for any termination or restriction of Your access to the Platform. Further, You agree not to attempt to use the Platform after said termination.
63. We will send all information to the contact details You have provided on the Platform. You are responsible for maintaining and updating Your contact details on the Platform.
65. You agree that We shall not be liable for any loss or damages arising from the provision (or non-provision) of any part of the Service, including loss of profit or consequential loss or damage.
70. This Agreement may not be assigned or transferred by You without Our prior written approval. We may assign or transfer this Agreement without Your consent, including but not limited to, assignments: (i) to a parent or subsidiary, (ii) to an acquirer of Our assets, or (iii) to any other successor or acquirer. Any assignment in violation of this section shall be null and void. This Agreement will inure to the benefit of AllOfficials, its successors and assigns.
72. Notwithstanding paragraph [76 above]. If there is a dispute between Users, You agree to notify AllOfficials of any disputes prior to negotiation of or filing of any claims and to negotiate any dispute informally via AllOfficials representatives for at least thirty (30) days before initiating any proceeding between the parties.
73. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more other Users, you hereby release AllOfficials, its officers, employees, agents and successors in rights from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and/or our service.
74. When handling disputes, AllOfficials will consider the original and current Job postings and will base a decision on these.
76. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with this Agreement or its subject matter or formation provided always that it is a dispute between AllOfficials and a User.