Make the landscape of officiating viable for the masses.
Why We Made AllOfficials?
Sport has been around since the beginning of time, it’s integrated in every culture across the globe and each game needs an official! Yet, very few have ever really been given their due recognition. THAT ALL STOPS WITH “AllOfficials”
Current issues faced in the year 2019:
- Where do I find officials?
- Making payment – How much, when & how do I pay?
- Receiving payments.
- Game cancellations the day before meaning the Official does not get paid.
- Shortage of Officials, so they dictate the price and standard.
- Officials do not know how to get jobs once qualified.
- Confirming games – back and forth via Whatsapp, FaceBook groups, call & emails, just for the game to be cancelled.
Sounds like a nightmare, right? This is exactly why we praise the people that have managed games over the years. Without them, the list above would surely be much longer and the process of being able to play basketball would be a lot worse. But now, however, it’s time to unite and simplify this process.
Benefits of AllOfficials:
- The level of officiating rises.
- We make it viable for people to get qualified, find jobs and be mentored.
- Being mentored when new is critical, being thrown straight into a game can be daunting and for some new Officials, this can be a barrier.
- Payments are automatic and digital, so, no more running to the ATM’s.
- We will be making the landscape viable and fair for everyone involved.
- Save time & money as you can manage everything on our online portal.
- Event Organisers & Officials have one place where they can find each other, easily and without fuss.
- We can now apply “BIG DATA” principles to continue bettering our service.
We have a philosophy that everybody should be connected to a sport, ideally, everyone should play a sport but if not, they should definitely officiate in at least one sport. This will enhance the nations sporting culture and we all know that sport benefits and impacts Society in an incredibly positive way. We believe Nelson Mandela said it best, with his sports speech:
Sports has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire, the power to unite people in a way that little else does. It speaks to youth in a language they understand. Sports can create hope, where there was once only despair. It is more powerful than governments in breaking down racial barriers. It laughs in the face of all types of discrimination. Sports is the game of lovers. – Nelson Mandela
No one could have said it better.
Tackling bigger issues in society:
There is currently a shortage of Officials in society and we have outlined the number of target groups within society who would benefit immensely:
- Young people
- NEET (Not in education employment and under 25)
- People in need of extra cash
This focus enables us to have a path to tackle the issues of the shortage of Officials in society. The National governing body of Basketball England states that ‘under 1% of people that get qualified don’t use their qualification’. We are directly combatting this as we introduce the All Officials system which will easily connect Officials to games and includes features such as buddy/mentor system and automatic payments.
The app is a simple and straightforward platform that helps connect Event Organisers with qualified Officials, in a matter of seconds. The creation of the app has already and will continue to benefit all Stakeholders, the Event Organisers and Officials. They will have a direct method of communication which make things simpler and faster, and helps save resources (time, energy & capital). Officials are the key to having a successful sporting event as they lay the foundation for unbiased officiating, which improves the quality of the game, whilst making it safer, and gives all players a better experience. With recreational sports growing exponentially, there is a higher demand for Officials now more than ever. AllOfficials’ goal is to provide opportunities for people who are willing to be a certified Official, as it will benefit society by giving them an opportunity to work and engage people in a positive way.