We have collaborated with the London Basketball Association (LBA). LBA was founded in 2012 and are a committed organisation, built up and employing directly from the communities that they LBA work within. We have managed to expand a variety of the bebefits they offer across the UK. Through the sport of Basketball LBA benefit and unite thousands of beneficiaries from disadvantaged and deprived communities and so cutting social costs to society. Click here to donate and help their cause.
The London Basketball Association have achieved 10 awards in the past 7 years, also achieving the “Active Westminster” & “London Youth Gold” quality marks.
LBA offers fantastic membership benefits, including discounted DBS, 17 FREE online courses including First Aid & Child Protection. AllOfficials member get it FREE.
LBA offers memberships for individuals, organisations and officials. Membership prices start from £40 – however if you are an AllOfficials member, LBA is offering membership for free*
- Access to 17 online nationally recognised qualifications
- Early access and up to 100% (minimum of 25%) on our training courses
- Priority access to training to become an officiating tutor
- 37.5% discount on DBS applications
The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) helps employers make safer recruitment decisions and prevent unsuitable people from working with vulnerable groups, including children.
All who officiate and coach players under 18 years of age possess a DBS and current safeguarding certificate.
LBA is now a verifier to provide DBS checks. Sign up below to request the DBS and we will send you an email asking for your documents and a link to the portal for you to complete. Your DBS will be received within four weeks of submission.
Being a member of LBA allows you to purchase the DBS for £25 (instead of £40).
As part of their membership, LBA offer 17 free nationally recognised online courses.
- First Aid Essentials
- Safeguarding Young People
- Child Protection in Sport & Active Leisure
- Equality & Diversity
- Online Safety
- Introduction into Safety in Clubs
- Personal Safety
- Preventing Bullying
- Safeguarding Adults
- Safer Recruitment
- Food Hygiene & Safety
- Child Protection – Refresher
- Introduction Into Child Sexual Exploitation
- Concussion Awareness
- Mental Wellbeing in Sport & Physical Activity
- Raising Awareness to Trafficking and Modern Slavery
- Practical Guide to GDPR